SUMMARY: Responsible for the day to day supervision of Fleet supervisors with focus on the development and retention of drivers. Responsible for the evaluation of company drivers and owner operators to ensure needs are met while maintaining a high level of customer service and on-time delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other duties as assigned, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Provides leadership and coordinates all activities, programs, equipment and other
resources between these departments and staff to maximize effectiveness, efficiencies and provide consistence results.
· Responsible for gathering, evaluating and reporting information as needed. Evaluates and makes recommendations for equipment requirements.
· Initiates new routing and driver’s issues when appropriate to adjust for CNG fueling c apabilities coupled with driver home time, evaluates equipment needs and operates within budgeted guidelines.
· Provides training and guidance to dispatchers on driver issues, maintains effective driver’s schedules that promote driver satisfaction.
· Communicates with vehicle maintenance manager and personnel on specific tractor or trailer equipment maintenance and repair as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Provide unparalleled customer service to external and internal customers.
· Direct, evaluate, coach and mentor subordinates so they may be more effective organizational leaders.
· Establish and monitor departmental goals.
· Complete on-going management education through internal and external sources.
· Ability work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Possess high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Detail oriented.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor Degree preferred or 3 to 5 years of equivalent work experience.
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...