NOTE: This position requires the completion of the Police Department Employment Application. Please do not complete the General Government Employment Application for this position as it will not be considered.
Applications shall be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Pinecrest Police Department has a vacancy for a 911-Dispatcher. Candidates must be able to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner; must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Prior 911 dispatching experience is preferred.
Performs telecommunication work for the Pinecrest Police Department, receiving and transmitting radio and telephone messages using Computer Aided Dispatching (CAD) and 911 systems.
Works under the general supervision of the Dispatcher Supervisor. The Dispatcher does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive and record written and voice messages by telephone and radio via the Computer Aided Dispatching system.
• Transmit messages and departmental information by radio to personnel in the field.
• Maintain records of all assigned units as to location, availability, and type of equipment via the Computer Aided Dispatching system.
• Maintain files on wanted persons, missing, or lost persons, stolen vehicles, and related information used in disseminating information to field units.
• Operate computer terminal and originate input information, such as stolen articles and requests for information via National Criminal Information Center and Florida Criminal Information Center.
• Furnish field units with computer data as requested.
• Dispatch all calls for service including Police and medical 911 emergencies via the Village of Pinecrest and Miami-Dade County Fire/Rescue CAD Systems.
• Assist the public by greeting citizens when they enter the station and answer informational requests.
• Take telephone complaints from citizens and direct the information to the proper person within the department.
• Ability to obtain the required Dispatch Medical Priority and CPR certifications.
• Ability to attend a public safety telecommunications training program consisting of a minimum of 232 hours of training and pass the state examination for certification.
• Ability to maintain flexibility in duty hours to meet departmental staffing needs. Ability to work and remain in a confined space while on duty.
• Ability to get along with others and work effectively with the public and fellow workers.
• Perform related work as assigned by the Police Chief or a designee.
• A High School Diploma or a GED equivalent.
• Must be fluent in the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish is highly desirable.
• Three (3) years experience in the performance of general secretarial and clerical work.
• Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, or similar word processing programs.
• Ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
• Ability to meet and deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner.
• Ability to perform several tasks at one time.
• Must possess or be able to obtain 911 emergency medical priority and CPR certifications; attend other required training and obtain required certifications.
• Must be flexible in duty hours due to variable work schedules, including working overtime hour.
• Applicants must complete all requirements established by the Village of Pinecrest for employment. This may include, but is not limited to, a written examination, a psychological exam, a polygraph examination, a comprehensive background investigation and a job-related medical examination including a drug/alcohol screening test.
• Must be flexible in duty hours to meet departmental staffing requirements as needed.
• Must be a non-smoker.
• The minimum requirements may be waived by the Village Manager.
The Village provides full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package which includes a choice of healthcare and dental plans, life insurance equal to twice the annual salary, and short term and long term disability insurance coverage. Retirement benefits include a 401(a) Money Purchase Plan to which the employee contributes 7% of their annual base pay and the Village contributes an amount equal to 10% of the employee’s annual base salary with full vesting of the Village contribution after five years of employment. A 457 Deferred Compensation Plan is also available to all employees in addition to a Flexible Spending Plan. Leave benefits include two-weeks vacation, 12 sick days and 2 personal days in addition to 11 paid holidays.
The Village does not employ individuals who now smoke or have used tobacco products within the last twelve months. To receive consideration a fully completed Village of Pinecrest employment application is required. Resumes in lieu of a fully completed employment application will not receive consideration. Please review the “Application Process” on the Village’s web site.
To view the complete job description and application process and obtain an employment application, please visit www.pinecrest-fl.gov/jobs .
Village of Pinecrest
Human Resources Office
12645 Pinecrest Parkway
Pinecrest, Florida 33156
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D and Drug/Smoke Free Workplace
Village of Pinecrest, FL - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard