Posting Job Title: Dispatcher (Technician)
Requisition #: 154491BR
Posting Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Dispatcher based out of their Paidge Avenue, Brooklyn, NY location.
Please find below a description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Dispatcher position supports both field and office personnel in a 24/7/365 Operations Center environment. The primary focus of the Dispatcher role is to ensure field technicians are productive and on-time to all customer appointments. This includes proactive monitoring of technicians' work routes to identify/address possible late appointments as well as assisting technicians with the troubleshooting of technical/billing issues. These daily tasks are to be performed in an efficient and consistent manner, maximizing the use of all tools/applications including (but not limited to) workforce management tools; diagnostic/troubleshooting tools; provisioning tools/applications; GPS; billing systems,; ticketing systems; and any/all other relevant tools/applications. This role will work closely with coworkers and customers (internal and external) via all tools noted above, electronic messaging, phones, and in-person/verbal interactions in a fast-paced/demanding work environment. Must be able to multi-task and work under moderate supervision and guidance.
- Supports field personnel with activation of customer premise equipment.
- Works with various and moderately complex software platforms (as noted above).
- Interpret data from workforce management systems to identify current and potential field problems.
- Handles calls from internal and external customers with a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
- Cancels reschedules and reassigns work assignments for field technicians.
- Research and identify unnecessary service calls related to discovered issues.
- Informs and updates field technicians on work in their designated areas.
- Makes outbound calls to TWC customers for dispatch and/or special project needs.
- Enters follow-up tasks or referral tasks for field technicians.
- Attendance must meet department standards.
- Should exercise good judgment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have valid driver license.
- Must have solid verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate must be flexible and trustworthy who is capable of accurately handling several actions/tasks simultaneously.
- Requires ability to interpret, and follow methods and procedures.
- High level of computer literacy required.
- Position, below journeyman level, is covered by the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between TWC and IBEW Local 3.
- Candidate will be expected to develop their career and knowledge based on the CBA to develop the skills necessary to perform any role covered by the contract and may be assigned to various roles based on business need.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent industry knowledge expected.
- Previous experience working in an operations center or dispatch center or other type high tempo environment preferred.
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 8341
Controlling Establishment ID: 00463 - Brooklyn Paidge Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
Time Warner Cable - 4 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...