Posting Job Title: Dispatcher (Technician)
Requisition #: 147530BR
Posting Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks Dispatchers based out of their Paidge Avenue, Brooklyn, NY location. Please find below a description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Dispatcher position supports both field and office personnel in a 24/7/365 Operations Center environment. The primary focus of the Dispatcher role is to ensure field technicians are productive and on-time to all customer appointments. This includes proactive monitoring of technicians' work routes to identify/address possible late appointments as well as assisting technicians with the troubleshooting of technical/billing issues. These daily tasks are to be performed in an efficient and consistent manner, maximizing the use of all tools/applications including (but not limited to) workforce management tools; diagnostic/troubleshooting tools; provisioning tools/applications; GPS; billing systems,; ticketing systems; and any/all other relevant tools/applications. This role will work closely with coworkers and customers (internal and external) via all tools noted above, electronic messaging, phones, and in-person/verbal interactions in a fast-paced/demanding work environment. Must be able to multi-task and work under moderate supervision and guidance.
- Supports field personnel with activation of customer premise equipment.
- Works with various and moderately complex software platforms (as noted above).
- Interpret data from workforce management systems to identify current and potential field problems.
- Handles calls from internal and external customers with a high degree of customer service and professionalism.
- Cancels reschedules and reassigns work assignments for field technicians.
- Research and identify unnecessary service calls related to discovered issues.
- Informs and updates field technicians on work in their designated areas.
- Makes outbound calls to TWC customers for dispatch and/or special project needs.
- Enters follow-up tasks or referral tasks for field technicians.
- Attendance must meet department standards.
- Should exercise good judgment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have solid verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate must be flexible and trustworthy who is capable of accurately handling several actions/tasks simultaneously.
- Requires ability to interpret, and follow methods and procedures.
- High level of computer literacy required.
Must have valid driver license.
- Position, below journeyman level, is covered by the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between TWC and IBEW Local 3.
- Candidate will be expected to develop their career and knowledge based on the CBA to develop the skills necessary to perform any role covered by the contract and may be assigned to various roles based on business need.
- High school diploma or equivalent industry knowledge expected.
- Previous experience working in an operations center or dispatch center or other type high tempo environment preferred.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities: Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 8341
Controlling Establishment ID: 00463 - Brooklyn Paidge Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...