Posting Job Title: Dispatcher I
Requisition #: 142704BR
Posting Location: United States - Ohio - Kettering
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
The purpose is to ensure that all aspects of day-to-day work assigned to field staff are properly coded. Duties will include confirming all information on each account is correct, services are working, all codes are accurately placed in ICOMS and confirmed, and the appropriate follow up jobs from Field staff are inputted as needed. Other cross trained duties include analyzing accounts for error analysis, improving the customer ordering and provisioning process and troubleshooting any phone type error in ICOMS. Other duties will include accurate managing of metro and all outlying work areas to maximize technician productivity and divisional measurements. This will include measurements to drive high job completion, accurate & on-time routing, & competitive comparisons vs. the divisions in the Region. This includes all work types (service, SRO’s, disconnects, installs, and restarts/upgrades/downgrades).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED EDUCATION (MAJOR):
- 40% - Responsible for the entire accurate completion and check-in of the customer Work Order in ICOMS . This includes all equipment provisioning with High Speed data, eMTA phone modems, and converter boxes.
- 20% - Assist Field Service technicians with trouble shooting, technical issues, and equipment updates.
- 20% - Responsible for work management in metro and all outlying work areas which includes measurements to drive high job completion, accurate & on-time routing, & competitive comparisons vs. the divisions in the Region. This includes all work types including: service, SRO’s, disconnects, installs, and restarts/upgrades/downgrades.
- 15% - Responsible to assist technicians with accurate routes, calling customers to head off trouble calls, and routing service technicians in metro and outlying areas to maximize division results.
- 5% - Provide technical support for customers on set-up, use of equipment, and how to order pay-per-view events.
- High School education or equivalent required .
- Prefer AA/AS college degree in business, computer science, or comparable work experience.
- Minimum of three years customer service including two years of technical internet and phone support experience .
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly & concisely with written and verbal communication.
- Working knowledge of PC and MAC operating systems.
- Working knowledge of internet browser software, email, digital video, computer/networking, and home phone wiring.
- Strong Ability to multi-task and handle multiple tasks in different systems.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, make decisions, and work effectively and efficiently under deadlines.
- Possess analytical thinking, problem solving, and sales skills.
LEGAL OR FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skill with the ability to handle and interact with all internal / external customer situations in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills are needed on a daily bases for Microsoft Word, Excel, ICOMS.
- Experience in Digital Home Phone and High Speed Data with strong technical knowledge highly desirable.
- Proven verbal, written, interpersonal, & teamwork skills are a must.
- Timeliness, attention to details, excellent attendance, and flexibility to work overtime or change schedules.
- Ability to perform effectively and independently in a multi-task environment
- Able to perform positively in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Two or more years experience in the telephone or cable industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end phone order flow process.
- Knowledge in initiating service provisioning processes & coordinating with field technicians & external service vendors.
- Knowledge of system operations including installation and troubleshooting.
- 2-5 years experience of related industry experience or Time Warner experience.
- Associates or Undergraduate degree in Telecommunications or Business is preferred.
- Knowledge of cable system operation including installation, trouble-shooting, modem and network design.
COMMUNICATION SKILL LEVEL:
- Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct.
- Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
More on TWC
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: 3485
Controlling Establishment ID: 00179 - Kettering Display
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...