ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
- Controls radio traffic, dispatches waiting calls within 60 seconds, and demonstrates a positive radio voice.
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift.
- Triages calls according to EMD procedures and enters accurate data into dispatch computer.
- Demonstrates ability to type 35 words per minute
- Answers telephone with proper salutation and in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains accurate status of field units.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of CAD codes and function.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures of the Communications Center and of the EMS systems in the company's service areas.
- Assists with routine maintenance of the Communications Center.
- Demonstrates ability to interact cooperatively with peers, supervisor, and other company personnel.
- Demonstrates thorough geographic knowledge of all company service areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 12 hour rotating shifts AM and PM
- Accurate in the information taken
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...