Individuals in this role answer calls and gather all the information necessary to fulfill service requests and are responsible for dispatching the appropriate emergency medical personnel based on response protocols and the needs of the run. Dispatchers are also responsible for processing requests by field crews fro additional assistance and facilitating the flow of information between members of the administrative staff and field personnel.
Have high school diploma or equivalent (GED); bachelor's degree in communications or related field experience preferred, Valid EMT or EMD certification and Driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Have deominstrated knowledge of the local geography of the area; two years EMS field experience or one year EMS communication experience preferred.
- Have no significant loss of hearing.
- Have the ability to stay seated for long periods of time without releif.
- Have the ability to effectively perform in a cosistently high stress environment.
- Have the ability to focus on fine detail with constant interruption.
- Have the ability to wear and use a telephone headset.
- Have the ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute (WPM).
- Have effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...