BeavEx is seeking a Dispatcher for the East Rutherford, NJ terminal. This job requires a valid driver's license, the ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Schedule and dispatch Vendors or Independent Contractors to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Consult with managerial personnel in order to meet operational goals.
- Receive, input, and distribute On Demand work orders, proof of deliveries (PODs), and manifests, and prepare reports as required by management.
- Serve as contact person for all Vendor/ICs within route territories and inform them about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Manage contracts with Vendors and Independent Contractors to ensure all new and existing routes are covered as needed.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Expedite package, freight, or product sorting, moving, bagging, palletizing, loading, unloading, and various other warehouse duties.
- Determine response needed to effectively and appropriately deal with emergencies, accidents, and breakdowns.
- Communicate Chain of Custody standards as required by BeavEx customers.
- Resolve Vendor/IC problems or grievances and refer to IC Liaison.
- Evaluate importance of incoming telephone calls and prioritize accordingly.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures as defined in the BeavEx Inc. Operations Manual and Employee Handbook are consistently followed.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring timely and efficient courier service for customers according to route schedules and On Demand requests.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, complaints, and requests for service.
- Keep customers notified of changes with route schedules.
- Maintain appropriate customer data, including key contacts, address changes, etc.
- Use electronic mail, telephones, scanners, mobile phones, and other communication tools effectively on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate or explain use of equipment, technical devices, computer software, etc. to provide cross training for other BeavEx employees.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- HS/GED or equivalent experience required
- Associates degree or other vocational/technical school training beyond high school is preferred
- 1-3 years courier, logistics, and customer service experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, & routing software
- Interpersonal skills; ability to foster teamwork and motivate/coach others
- Knowledge of local and regional geographical area
- Identify best itinerary based on knowledge of routes
- Make optimum decisions under pressure and time constraints
- Handle various light and heavy lifting up to 50lbs
BeavEx is a Drug-Free Workplace!
Tuesday-Saturday, Midnight to 8:00 am.
(Work week starts Monday/Tuesday @ Midnight and ends at 8:00 am on Saturday).
Established in 1989 in New Haven, CT, BeavEx began providing same day delivery services to an eleven branch bank located in Hamden, CT....