Position Summary: The Dispatcher is the conducting mechanism used to orchestrate operational issues within their assigned fleet or team. Responsible for coordinating and managing all operational issues within each aircraft type, as well as overseeing communication of all changes of the operational plan to the relative support groups. Acts as primary point of contact between the company and the flight crew regarding flight segment issues.
- Originate and disseminate flight information to others in the company regarding aircraft or crew status, trip progress and any other factors that could affect flight activity.
- Responsible for economic, and passenger service of day-to-day flight operations and to maintain the flight release system.
- Analyze and evaluate meteorological information to determine potential hazards to safety of flight and to select the most desirable and economic route of flight.
- Computes the amount of fuel required for the safe completion of flight according to type of aircraft, distance of flight, maintenance limitations, weather conditions and minimum fuel requirements prescribed by the FAA.
- Prepare flight plans containing information such as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, NOTAMS, and many other informational components required for the safe completion of flight.
- Monitor weather conditions, and aircraft position to evaluate the progress of flight.
- Updates the PIC of significant changes to weather, flight plan, or itinerary changes.
- Monitor the flight-crews duty day and rest periods.
- Provide adequate notification to both operations and the owners, that a potentially non-executable trip segment has been identified.
- The proper maintenance and management of the NOTAM airport database is also a deliverable of the Dispatcher.
Flexjet is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
- High School Diploma
- FAA certified Dispatch License
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in using various Aircraft performance charts and the programs associated with them. General knowledge in achieving appropriate airport reservations (Slots).
- Experience in NOTAM comprehension and translation.
- Previous experience with FAR Part 91 & 135 requirements.
- Two to four years of flight operations or planning experience with knowledge of meteorology, ground operations, flight planning skills, aircraft performance, and maintenance Limitations.
Job: Crew Coordination
Primary Location: US-TX-Richardson
Zip Code US
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 10.04.2013, 3:02:01 PM
A pioneer in the aerospace industry, Learjet Inc. builds high-performance business jets -- the limos of the sky. The company...