Under the supervision of the Ready Mix Manager, the Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating activities of employees engaged in delivering product.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Confers with plant production and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading times.
- Confers with customer services representative regarding scheduled times for customer deliveries.
- Generates invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents.
- Assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries of concrete products.
- Generates reports of cash and charge sales.
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives.
- Jointly coordinates with operations and sales to resolve problems and improve quality of service.
- Develops working relationships with internal customers in order to ensure customer needs are addressed.
- Records quantity of sand, cement, gravel, and water required for each mix on loading ticket.
- Prepares invoices, delivery tickets, relating shipping documents, and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
- Prepares cash and charge sales reports for shipments from drivers.
- Maintains radio contact with drivers to expedite deliveries.
- May recommend to management improvements in procedures to improve customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Some exposure to dust, noise, and extreme temperatures.
- 0-1 year experience preferred.
RM Plant Ops
CEMEX serves up cement with a multicultural accent. The subsidiary of Mexico-based CEMEX, S.A. de C.V. is one of the largest cement...