LISTING CLOSES ON JANUARY 3RD
Supervise and coordinate daily activities of CATA's Fixed Route vehicle operators and supervisors. Insures transit operations are operating efficiently and adhering to schedules.
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The person selected to fill this position must be flexible in the hours of work and will be required to work some weekends. Computer and Customer Service Skills are critical to this position as well as knowledge of the streets in the service area (Little Rock/North Little Rock).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effectively communicate with drivers via radio & phone
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation & operation needs.
- Maintain or verify records of time, deviations in schedule, equipment problems, customer complaints, and other records pertaining to operations.
- Operate 2-way radio to communicate with Drivers
- Prepare, compile, and submit reports on work activities, operations, production, and work related accidents.
- Respond to driver requests for assistance.
- Provide customers with general information
A. Knowledge of:
B. Ability to:
- Traffic laws, ordinances, rules and driving courtesies involved in transit operations.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Dispatching principles and practices.
Minimum Qualifications — Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Learn CATA’s policies and procedures.
- Read, write, and make basic mathematic calculations.
- Exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions spoken or written in English.
- Provide on-time and dependable service to the public.
- Learn CATA’s transit routes and schedules.
- Maintain a friendly and courteous demeanor when interacting with the public, passengers, and fellow employees through tactful, patient, and courteous interactions.
A. Required Education:
B. Required Prior Experience:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
C. Special Requirements, including Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Three (3) years of verifiable dispatching experience and one (1) year of experience working with the general public.
Full package of benefits; health, dental, vision, life, deferred compensation, and paid vacation & sick time.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation, DOT medical examination, and drug screening.
- CDL with Class B and “P” endorsement preferred, but not required.
Starting Pay - $13.46 to $17.00 an hour depending on experience
Central Arkansas Transit Authority - 13 months ago
The Central Arkansas Transit Authority is providing notice that it will be accepting diesel quotes from interested vendors to fuel CATAs...