The Dispatch position is responsible for the daily pick up and delivery coordination of customers service requests; to drivers, bikers and walkers. |
• Verify the total number of drivers working each day and recommend if additional drivers are required.
• Confirm the completion of calls.
• Respond within 10 minutes to any callbacks, messages or cancellations.
• Encourage and motivate all drivers to meet maximum potential while maintaining delivery time specifications.
• Maintain professionalism, respect, fairness and dignity in all driver relationsips.
• Orientation and motivation as required relating to the drivers, bikers and walkers.
• Recognize and prioritize—alert for immediate dispatch.
• Identify and ensure all customers are given 100% performance on deliveries.
• Ensure on-time work completion and prompt pick-up in accordance with established standards of service.
• Provide assistance to other dispatch boards.
• Provide assistance to distribution as well as other departments.
• Provide Dispatch Supervisor/Operations Management with information on equipment failures and problems.
• Other duties as required.
• High School graduate or GED required
• Some college hours desired
• Must possess excellent knowledge of the city and suburb being dispatched.
• Minimum two years experience in the courier industry.
• Must possess outstanding verbal communication skills.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• Must possess the ability to work under pressure.
• Must possess a minimum of 6 months of computer skills.
• Must possess the ability to exercise good judgement.
• Must be able to lift more than 25lbs.
We offer a competitive Benefits Plan and a 401K Plan with a match. EOE
Dynamex knows the dynamics of same-day delivery. The company offers both scheduled and on-demand delivery of time-sensitive items such as...