About Dyno Nobel
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
Reports to: Transportation Supervisor.
Responsible for the following:
Oversee daily operations of DNTI terminal, shop and activities of employees. Serve all internal/external customers in a professional, safe and efficient manner consistent with DNA’s and DNTI’s mission, vision and values
- Ensure compliance with applicable DNA and DNTI HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Demonstrates and provides effective leadership behaviors and works toward resolution of conflicts among drivers, customers and/or management.
- Directs the daily assignment of drivers and truck fleet through dispatch, route and equipment usage planning.
- Maintains maintenance standards in conjunction with Maintenance Provider including records and vehicle inspection reports per DOT requirements.
- Represents the company in dealing with existing customers.
- In conjunction with Transportation Supervisor, provides training to employees related to DOT, FMCSR, MSHA regulations, and company safety practices and policies, and takes actions to ensure on-going compliance.
- In the interest of providing the highest level of customer service, will from time to time drive one or more routes to ensure timely delivery of product.
- Decision Making Authority: Routinely makes critical decisions regarding efficient and effective operation of the terminal, as well as determining appropriate responses to emergency situations.
- Interpersonal Behavior skills : Ability to dispatch resources on a daily basis adjusting to Customer needs. Demonstrated effective Leadership and communication skills. Performance management and listening skills.
- Customer focus : Skill in all aspects of building strong internal and external Customer relationships.
- Managing People: Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve dispatch and supervisory skills.
- Requires HS diploma or equivalent; preference given to some college, up to Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience, preferably in Transportation or Logistics.
Work Environment & Physical Conditions:
- Requires incumbent to be “on call” 24/7 to respond to emergencies and make appropriate decisions.
- Class A CDL w/Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- Familiarity with Hazmat and DOT, MSHA and OSHA regulations.
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office Suite computer software; familiarity with TMW and Qualcom software a plus.
Dyno Nobel is an equal opportunity employer.
- Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site specific requirements.
Being a part of the Dyno Nobel team is a combination of everything that is unique about Dyno Nobel: our culture, our core values, our commitment to safety, but most importantly, it is our people. It is what set us apart from your average employer, and is everything that makes Dyno Nobel a great place to work. At Dyno Nobel, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Dyno Nobel does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Dyno Nobel will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Dyno Nobel Inc. has exploded on the scene and has landed in North America and Australia. Formerly based in Norway, Dyno Nobel was founded...