Equipment Transport, LLC provides a full range of highly responsive, high quality drilling and completion services to oil and gas industry operating in the Marcellus and Utica Shale basins. By strategically mobilizing its service yards near oil and gas company operations, the Company is uniquely situated to respond rapidly to customer needs and enable drilling, completion and other service providers to minimize their down time and optimize their asset utilization.
The Company has become a one-stop provider of support services, including fluids transportation, water supply, water transfer, rig and heavy equipment transportation, waste transportation and disposal, equipment rental, guard shacks, containment construction and impoundment lining and specialized services, including Super Suckers, winch trucks, pilot vehicles and pit and pad reclamation.
Equipment Transport is seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Dispatcher for their new start-up Central Dispatch Operation located at their Corporate Headquarters in Carlisle, PA.
This position will be responsible for effective driver utilization to maximize customer satisfaction through the dispatching and coordination of CDL drivers and equipment. Responsibilities include supervising, planning and assigning workload. This position will supervise and lead a team of dispatchers to meet customer service expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dispatch drivers and equipment to ensure efficient utilization and minimum delay time.
- Maintain communication and ensure employees have adequate knowledge and resources to accomplish assigned duties.
- Administers and supports safety to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with DOT regulations and multi-state laws.
- Utilize independent judgment and effectively manage work assignments, monitor performance and provide feedback on duties, policies and procedures.
- Coordinates equipment repair with appropriate maintenance staff to reduce mechanical failures and delays.
- Completes necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Meet committed delivery times and ensuring quality service
- Confidently making good decisions under time pressure.
- Communicate effectively both in person and on the phone with management, customers and drivers, providing concise instruction or information.
Other related skills:
- Effective attention to detail, organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to effectively coordinate deliveries with customers
- The ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work calmly under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Ability to work long hours 12 to 14 hour days
- Must be flexible to changing schedule and be willing to work nights and weekends as needed
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Able to handle difficult internal and external customers with diplomacy and tact
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of transportation industry and/or logistics experience at an exempt level is required.
Do not apply if you do not meet the minimum qualifications.