Description of a Dispatcher:
A Dispatcher is on the front-lines; coordinating, directing and juggling to ensure on-time performance and great customer service. This is anything but a nice, quiet, boring desk job! If you like to be busy, if you’re not afraid to prioritize & make decisions, this could be a career to consider. Show me an operation that runs smoothly with fantastic customer service, and I’ll show you an operation with a great Dispatcher!
Responsibilities of a Dispatcher:
Dispatcher’s oversee the routing and scheduling of the busses, and are front line communicators with the drivers, parents, and administrators. They know how to get things done—they are great problem solvers with a true customer service orientation. Dispatchers are the glue that holds everything together; they are great team players and love to see a job well done.
What we offer:
- The chance to use your head—to be a problem solver!
- The chance to use your communication & customer service skills
- Competitive hourly pay
- No nights, evenings or weekends
- A family-friendly position
- The opportunity to make a difference in hundreds of peoples lives every day
- The feeling of being a very important part, of a very important undertaking
- A very fashionable fluorescent yellow safety vest!
The ideal candidate is cool under pressure, and is confident in their ability to get things done
- Great Dispatchers are motivated by providing great customer service & like being a part of a smooth running, efficient team
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required, as is a basic understanding of radio dispatch equipment
- Previous terminal operations dispatch, or driver experience is preferred
- Computer literate
Equal Opportunity Employer
FirstGroup - 15 months ago
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister company...