Under limited supervision, dispatch all buses to ensure on-time performance of service within an assigned geographical area.
1) Oversee all routing and scheduling of buses; dispatch buses and provide timely information to drivers on route.
2) Counsel & coach drivers and monitors on front line disciplinary & service issues.
3) Take all scheduling and driver complaints, report to Operations Supervisor/Location Manager or resolve problems directly with the customer.
4) Handle heavy phone and radio traffic.
5) Serve as primary communication liaison with major contracted customer.
6) May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll. May monitor licensing and participate in hiring drivers.
7) Provide solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems; resolve issues as needed.
8) May handle backup driver duties or perform miscellaneous clerical duties while buses are in route.
9) Complete special projects as assigned.
10) Assist drivers with day-to-day operations and ensure compliance with operating contract, state and local ordinances, and company policies and procedures.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
High school diploma or equivalent. Appropriate vehicle license preferred.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 3 - 5 years experience.
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment, excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driver experience.
- Computer Literate a must
- Proficient in Word and Excel
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions :
Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
Office/school bus yard
Equal Opportunity Employer
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister company...