Gate Serve, a subsidiary of Gate Gourmet in the U.S., handles airline services such as provisioning packaged food and beverage items, packing silverware, assembling soda drawers, and building liquor and beer kits.
We are currently looking for a Dispatcher to join our team based in Atlanta, GA. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Dispatcher is responsible for distributing information from telephone calls and computer printout reports to Transportation and other departments as required. The position is also responsible for all flight billing reports to be accurate and submitted in a timely manner to billing office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Obtains final count of passengers on each flight from a computer printout form and/or information received via the telephone
- Dispatcher will receive final count of passengers, flight number, and ship number information and document either electronically or manually if required.
- Communicates changes to the operation such as aircraft or gate changes.
- Keeps records of all incoming and outgoing information
- Routes records for corrections and distributes corrected records to designated departments
- Directs transportation employees on changes that may occur on the AOA through radio communications.
- Required to work in Tower operation and monitor Gate Management tool provided by airline.
- Receives phone calls, communicates verbally with superintendent, and ramp supervisor over telephone and radio
Work Experience :
- High school diploma or GED required.
Job Skills :
- 1 year data entry or clerical experience.
- 2 years experience in Airline Catering preferred.
Communication Skills :
- Advanced typing skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Basic math skills
- Ability to make sound operational decisions in challenging situations
- Highly motivated
- Good attendance and solid work performance
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a DMV verification process.
- Clean driving record that does not contain moving violations, accidents.
- Ability to obtain Airport Transport Authority badge required.
Environmental Requirements :
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Normal office environment.
- May be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 12 months ago
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...