Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Dispatcher to join our Transportation Operations team based in Chicago, IL at O'Hare International Airport. Reporting to the Transportation Operations Manager, the Dispatcher will be responsible for the safe, timely and efficient delivery of a high quality product to our customers. The p osition is responsible for serving as the primary administrative support for our major client's operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Analyzes data from custom computer screens and prepare driver run sheets for each FED EX flight
- Assigns Drivers to gates and flights
- Serves as the quality assurance specialist, ensuring that contents of coolers and or meals meet customer specifications
- Monitors driver’s kitchen department time
- Tracks all flight, gate, meal order and other changes in flights
- Serves as back up supervisor when that individual is on the ramp by relaying changes in flights to drivers on the ramp, directing work flow and resolving customer problems
- Checks that drivers have completed their run sheets accurately and that all times, aircraft changes, service levels and quantities meet customer specifications
- Answers and logs customer calls, concerns and complaints and make recommendations to resolve on-going issues
- This position will rotate periodically between day shift, night shift and vacation relief
- H.S. diploma required
- Associate’s degree preferred
Work Experience :
- 2+ years general work experience in an office or warehouse facility.
- 1 year’s experience directing the work of others
- 1-2 years shipping/receiving experience preferred
Job Skills :
- Able to drive on the ramp (must be 21+ driver’s license)
- Able to multi-task in a hectic environment
- Detail oriented
- Able to keep calm in high pressure environment
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision/off-site environment
- Able to make independent decisions
- Able to compile data from multiple sources with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to communicate status changes to all parties in a timely manner
- Driven to document and improve processes
Communication Skills :
- Able to develop rapport with major client
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
- Must have valid driver’s license
Environmental Requirements :
- Must be able to function in a warehouse environment
- May be required to rotate between day and night shift
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 19 months ago
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...