Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Dispatcher to join our team based in San Diego, CA. Reporting to the General Manager within the Operations department; the dispatcher is responsible for coordinating inbound/outbound flight schedule and routing to drivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives incoming calls, coordinates with staff and kitchen personnel to ensure outbound trolleys are on schedule.
• Monitors computers to determine arriving flight times to arrange for drivers to meet aircraft for unloading/loading.
• Provides accurate and timely information to transportation supervisors / leads
• Coordinates with Meal Planners regarding irregularities and changes.
• Must have high school diploma.
• Some office experience
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Must be detailed oriented and organized
• Must have very good basic math skills
• Some computer knowledge required
• Ability to make sound operational decisions in challenging situations
• Working knowledge of Unimatic/FIDS to gather information needed
• Highly motivated
• Good work attendance and work performance
• Proven ability to communicate in challenging / stressful situations
• Ability to deal with the public and internal staff
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
• Normal office environment
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
• Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
• Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
• Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
• Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...