1. The security dispatcher has to dispatch and schedule workers to certain locations depending on the requests of the customers of the company or needs of the company itself.
2. Has to record and maintain files on expenses being incurred, services being performed, inventory, charges, customer requests and other dispatch information.
3. Is responsible for all the communications that are taking place within the purview of his/her official work assignment.
4. Has to prepare daily run and work schedules.
5. Has to monitor personnel working under him as well as equipment locations.
6. Has to advise the personnel working under him regarding traffic problems such as weather conditions, construction sites, accidents and other hazards.
7. Must insure all site are properly covered.
8. Control overtime (Insure no security officer is working over 40 hrs weekly).
9. Input call-ins & call-out into the system
10. Assist/inform supervisors of any discrepancy with Clients.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. A security dispatcher needs to possess the ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
2. Should be an active listener of transmissions of various types of communication messages.
3. Should have the decision – making and judgment – making skills necessary to guide the personnel under him.
4. Should possess the ability of managing time effectively.
5. Speech clarity, information – ordering skills, reading comprehension and problem – sensitivity skills are also a must to be successful in this profession.
6. Should be conversant with computer software and know how to enter access and retrieve data.
7. Should possess a desire to provide customer satisfaction.
8. Should be willing to work for long hours. Also, will spend the majority part of his/her work day on the phone.
9. Persons who want to become a security dispatcher should have at least a high school diploma. Work experience or knowledge about the operations of work of a security dispatcher is an added advantage in this profession.
Griffin Security - 7 months ago