This position will have you using your tractor trailer dispatch skills in a fast paced, time sensitive environment. Grocery Haulers, headquartered in Woodbridge, NJ, provides trucking and distribution services to the food industry throughout the Northeast. The Company continues to grow and expand to keep pace with the market demands for excellence and efficiency in this business segment. The successful candidate will report to the Terminal Manager and will work closely with other dispatchers and managers in the logistics and operations areas.
- Daily communication and interaction with drivers when assigning work. Maintain positive relations with drivers and customers
- Organize and conduct activities to assure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance.
- Track and report sign-in/sign-out times, assures routes are timely, and communicate service issues.
- Takes service monitor calls and communicates issues with drivers and Terminal Manager.
- Monitors telephones and on-board computer systems for quality.
- Assists Operations Supervisor to ensure appropriate workforce level each day.
- Responsible for influencing positive employee morale and quality customer service. Address driver problems as they arise.
- Assignment of work duties to qualified employees to ensure adequate coverage of all shifts and assigned routes consistent with D.O.T. regulations.
- Monitors driver performance.
- Notes all absences and/or tardiness issues and communicates same to Terminal Manager.
- Screens route sheets and performance reports.
- All other duties, as assigned.
A competitive base salary depending upon experience will be offered along with medical, dental, 401(k) match and profit sharing benefits as part of a total rewards package.
- Experience in freight/transportation industry. Past dispatch experience.
- Prior work with tandems/doubles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure.
- Computer knowledge and ability to maintain electronic records
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. regulations (hours of service, CDL, drug and alcohol testing)
- Knowledge of roads systems in Northeast.
- Capable of working various shifts and weekends.
- Must pass and pre-employment drug test.