The role of a Dispatcher is to ensure a positive first impression is made as calls come in both by the community and employees. The Dispatcher is a primary facilitator for communications between hospitals, Instacares, Health Centers, Intermountain Corporate offices, and various other offsite facilities. They ensure that that critical calls are processed quickly and accurately. The dispatcher shall be responsible for dispatching, prioritization and coordination of building services personnel for emergency and routine service requests. A successful Dispatcher focuses on quality and extraordinary care as they provide correct information and or connect the caller with the proper party. The operator will take emergency calls, call emergency codes overhead and monitor codes and alarms. The Dispatcher has the opportunity to use their valuable skills and resources through Intermountain’s PBX software programs.
The Dispatcher is also aware of and follows the HIPAA and Confidentiality Policies and guidelines.
Entry Rate: 10.62
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This is a full time benefit eligible position
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Requires excellent customer service skills
- Must have work experience in telephone customer service
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task assignments
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to function as part of a team and the flexibility and good judgment to work independently
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Manual Dexterity
- One or more years dispatch experience
- Previous work experience in Hospital Admitting
- Previous experience in Physician Call Centers /Answering Services
- Previous experience as a Health Unit Coordinator
- One or more years of customer service experience in a call center environment
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...