This position is responsible for the dispatch operations in the Transportation Department.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Prepare daily records, communications, and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Complete transportation paperwork including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps etc.
- Develop and update driver and helper dispatch schedule daily.
- Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
- Set up daily tractor/trailer assignment for drivers.
- Verify equipment "readiness" with Transportation Shop.
- Call customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
- Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
- Possess very strong interpersonal skills and be able to discuss dispatch issues with Driver, Customers and managers.
- Have High School Diploma.
- Be able to rapidly gain knowledge of mainframe computer applications relating to record keeping and scheduling.
- Have experience in Windows environment and on Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook programs (preferred).
- Have map reading abilities.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Have adequate math and writing skills.
- Have a minimum of 3 years in similar function (preferred).
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
- Requires night and weekend work as needed.
- Be able to work alone and in group settings.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
McLane - 2 years ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...