Assigns drivers and vehicles to convey supplies, equipment and employees in accordance with customer requests and compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local Department of Transportation regulations and in a accordance with PSC policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares work schedules to ensure that sufficient shift personnel are available for workload demands.
• Coordinates drivers according to customer requests in compliance with DOT regulations and company rules.
• Communicates with customers to determine driver needs and schedules and notifies drivers of assignments; enters assignment data in computer database of drivers.
• Reviews dispatch operations to identify technical and operational training needs and recommend operational improvements.
• Reviews and recommends modifications to dispatch systems.
• Assigns duties and examines work for conformance to policies and procedures.
• Coordinates emergency calls and relays information and requests for organizational services.
• Enters, updates, and retrieves information from computer systems relating to workers, equipment and supplies dispatched and client information.
• Tests, inspects, and operates radio, telephone, computer, and other equipment as needed.
• Prepares, reviews, and maintains reports, statistics, and records.
• Audits all DOT, regulatory, and operational procedural compliance for assigned area.
• Compiles, records, and maintains required data from various documents including DOT logs, driver qualification files, individual worker and equipment operational sheets to ensure DOT compliance.
• Identifies non - DOT compliant vehicles and equipment. Removes non compliance DOT regulated equipment and vehicles from service based on DOT compliance status.
• Recommends and works with management to implements tasks required to ensure DOT compliance for all regulated equipment and vehicles.
• May compile and record data for industrial establishment to prepare records and reports on labor hours, equipment usage, consumption of material, quality control, and other aspects of location operations.
• Prepares and submits reports based on data compiled, tabulated, and computed as requested by the location Manager.
• May calculate factors such as types and quantities of labor, equipment and materials required for specific projects or services as requested by the location Manager.
• May calculate materials (PPE/local supplies) used, amount of scrap and disposal costs.
• Maintains files of documents used and prepared.
• May compile material inventory records and prepares requisitions for procurement of PPE materials and location supplies.
• May arrange background checks, safety council approval, pre-employment physicals, employment orientation, and assist HR with necessary paperwork as required.
• May enter employee timecards and posts wage data on records used for preparation of payroll.
• May verify incoming and outgoing shipments of supplies, equipment and materials.
• Performs other duties as required.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
• Accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness
• One year certificate from college or technical school and
Current driver's license
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• 2 or more years dispatching and DOT experience
• DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working technical knowledge of Federal, state, and local DOT regulations
• Perform arithmetic calculations including multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, ratios and percentages
• Report preparation
• Ability to multi-task to process competing demands with multiple deadlines
• Ability to adapt to dynamic environment with calmness and good judgment
• Compile data from multiple sources
• Proficiency with computers and with Microsoft applications of Word and Excel
• Read, write and speak in English
• Research and analyze issues and recommend solutions
• Sound decision making impacting operations and customers
* Office Environment
If you've messed with Mother Nature, you should call PSC (which takes it name from its former title -- Philip Services Corporation, and...