Provide A Ride is the region's premier provider of customized passenger transportation and proudly serves the community as the foremost expert in its industry. We are looking for a professional dispatcher.
Dispatches local trips according to schedule and oversees drivers while they are on the road.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-plans trips to be assigned to drivers during the day and next day trips before closing dispatch.
- Assigns trips using available software to place trips most efficiently.
- Communicates with drivers using computer based messaging as well as telephone system.
- Provides client information to drivers through the Nextel.
- Communicates with drivers in a professional manner on and off the Mobile device.
- Maintains dispatch boards with current location and status of each driver.
- Informs superiors in management about on-the-road accidents and dispatches nearest Road Supervisor to accident location.
- Calls a tow service and provides accurate information for pick-up of vehicles that breakdown; informs superiors in management of vehicle problems and dispatches driver to repair shop if problem is urgent.
- Provides customers accurate and professional information on the status of their pick-up.
- Handles and attempts to resolve customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assists customer service department as needed by answering phones and entering trip information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED preferred. One to three years related experience and/or training in specialized transportation or dispatch of transportation services is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Mathematical - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Language - Ability to read and comprehend instructions furnished in oral and written form. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public in one-on-one and small group situations. Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable, and professional manner.
- Reasoning - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - Proficient knowledge and understanding of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office. Ability to learn and use new software programs quickly and efficiently i.e. RouteMatch Database software.
- Equipment - Ability to use a telephone, fax machine, personal computer, copy machine, printers, calculators, and Nextel.
- Other Skills - Ability to handle multiple priorities at once, be organized, pre-plan, schedule, and meet deadlines. Ability to pay close attention to detail and deal with complexity while performing in a fast-paced environment. Ability to remain calm and patient when dealing with irate customers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and stand up; use hands to finger and handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear others in person, by telephone or two-way radio. The employee is occasionally required to walk; crouch; stoop; and twist the neck. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move approximately 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Provide A Ride - 10 months ago