Responsible for executing the customer's request for transportation via the most efficient and cost effective manner while providing the highest level of Service. The Dispatcher is a front line representative of RR Donnelley Logistics and must constantly demonstrate our commitment to providing the highest level of service to our clients and ensuring fair business practices with each of our vendors.
Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. May receive guidance on how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures but may require interpretation to meet unique business needs. Work may be reviewed by senior level staff or by management.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for brokering freight, third party logistics, dispatching and assigning transportation vendors based on client demands and service requirements.
- Cold calling carriers and negotiating rates
- Proficient use of transportation software such as FMS
- Meet all internal and external customer requirements through efficient, profitable, and timely movement of freight.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate professional behavior at all times
- Understand and execute customer requirements
- Intimate knowledge of logistics including carrier alternatives, pricing and potential problems.
- Successful team experience and ability to apply good team work skills
- Collaborate with team leaders to develop the most cost effective transportation model and execute to that model.
- Ability to read a map and communicate directions effectively.
- Follow SOP's and work instructions.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
1) Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
2) Able to translate previous work experience in to very good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
3) Able to apply very good functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
4) Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
5) Demonstrated, solid understanding of Logistics and Transportation including carrier alternatives, pricing, geography and ability to foresee potential logistical problems.
RR Donnelley - 16 months ago
RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers worldwide...