We have a Dispatcher position open in Kalamazoo, MI.
The Dispatcher coordinates the utilization of trucks, drivers, and containers in order to create capacity and maximize productivity, while assuring prompt and effective service to customers.
Representative Responsibilities - Dispatcher:
- Creates capacity by ensuring productive use of all assets, equipment and employees.
- Ensures productivity by reaching and/or exceeding company established goals through successful routing of company assets.
- Assigns live loads to drivers based upon designated route and driver location.
- Courteously interacts with customers, drivers and/or the general public.
- Updates, prepares, and dispenses the daily route schedule.
- Reports driver problems to appropriate department or supervisor for resolution.
- Gathers and maintains route sheets documenting pick-ups (scheduled, missed stops, extra pick-up's), route completions, and driver locations.
- Ensures the accountability of route completions through the driver check-in procedure.
- Dispatchers responsible for Roll Off also have responsibility for creating capacity in the Roll Off line of business by ensuring the productive use of all assets, equipment and employees.
- Dispatchers responsible for Commercial and Residential routes may also have responsibility for Driver check-in at the end of each driver’s shift.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
- Equivalent of:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certification and two years of related experience in which the incumbent acted as a resource to others, demonstrated ability to act in an autonomous manner, and displayed good interpersonal skills OR (2) three years of waste collection experience in which the incumbent acted as a resource to others, demonstrated ability to act in an autonomous manner, and displayed good interpersonal skills.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Waste industry and/or dispatching for transportation/logistics experience preferred.
- Previous dispatch experience in the same local geographic area is strongly preferred.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
- Attention to detail - makes sure that ever aspect of the overall system is working correctly. Sees all the pieces that comprise the larger process.
- Coordination and Planning - Continually assesses demands for services and available resources to meet those demands. Organizes drivers, helpers, trucks and other resources to meet emerging customer needs. Prioritizes requests and develops the most efficient strategy to meet them. Foresees problems and works proactively to prevent them.
- Customer Service - Meets and exceeds expectations of internal and external customers. Acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers.
- Ethics - Adheres to the policies and rules set forth by Republic Services. Does not allow himself/herself or customers to bend the rules or cut corners. Is trustworthy and honest.
- Interpersonal Skill - Develops credibility with internal and external customers. Expresses opposing views in a tactful manner and seeks win-win resolutions to difference. Interacts well with all types of people. Is aware of others' reactions and understands the reasons for them.
- Problem Solving - Analyzes all available information. Develops a range of possible solutions, and then picks the best one. Realizes when he/she needs to ask others for input. figures out how to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
- Safety Orientation - Follows and promotes Republic Services's safety rules and procedures. Requires customers and coworkers to follow safety precautions.
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS;
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Company information system applications including InfoPro.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Office environment; could be exposed to some dust and loud noises.
- On an infrequent basis, may ride on a route truck to observe activities.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 13 months ago