Position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Introduce and sell UTi Transport Solutions freight and brokerage services to individual carriers.
- Solicit and Secure carrier capacity for individual urgent loads as directed by management.
- Dispatch and Track-and-Trace shipments once carrier has committed to transport the load.
- Communicate carrier service delay(s) or issue(s) to CSRs, so they can help assist with resolving the issue(s).
- Solicit and secure longer term carrier capacity for specific transportation lanes for Corporate Accounts, or other accounts as directed by management.
- Promote the UTi Transport Services brand.
- Perform various general office functions including but not limited to faxing, data entry, telephone/communication skills and providing customer service to both our internal and external customers.
- Above all, lead by example, motivate and support co-workers, integrate and promote the UTi CLIENTasONE strategy into daily actions and interactions.
Highly developed organizational and people skills. Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to function within a group dynamic. PC literacy is necessary. Position requires the ability to balance multiple duties at once and posses a high attention to detail. Employee must be a "team player" .