PRIMARY PURPOSE: Coordinates daily transportation activity to ensure service & delivery goals are achieved in a designated time frame.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Communicates information and instructions to drivers (schedules, route changes, road conditions, accidents, emergencies, etc.) informing them of a variety of situations that may impact their scheduled services or deliveries.
2. Handles all customer call-ins and updates customer on expected delivery/service times (ETA’s). Makes outgoing calls to customers regarding locked gates, missed services, confirmations, etc.
3. Keeps Operations and Service Manager updated on issues and resolution of issues.
4. Supports drivers telephonically during reported emergencies and provides appropriate resources to assist with issues.
5. Works with Customer Care department on scheduling deliveries or services.
6. Reviews driver manifests at end of day to ensure that pencil notes have been documented and works with drivers to capture delivery/service information.
7. Conducts route check in to ensure that all information on manifest is accurate and complete so that it can be posted properly without questions. Works with Posting department daily to resolve issues, as needed.
8. Special projects as assigned by management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2-3 years experience in transportation field. Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
Additional requirements include: computer knowledge (Microsoft Office); well developed clerical & administrative skills; well organized & ability to work under timelines & constraints; strong written & verbal communication skills; analytical, process oriented, and ability to focus on details for long periods of time. Should be a resourceful person and perform in a professional manner.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, vendors, & other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate rates, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, & ratios to practical situations
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid California Drivers License and proof of current automobile insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. Employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning while working indoors and hot or cold conditions when traveling to off site locations. Employee may also sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals while visiting service yards. On occasion, employee may be required to travel between yards.