The Victory Packaging Dispatcher assembles efficient route schedules based on daily customer orders and assigns customer pick-ups to drivers. Dispatcher also responds to requests for assistance from Drivers. We are a distributor with private fleet.
1. Receive order requests from branch staff
2. Plan and map routes for drivers
3. Schedule deliveries to maximize efficiency and meet delivery deadlines
4. Utilize computer-aided dispatch system to contact drivers and plan/adjust routes
5. Maintain required reports and compliance with DOT regulations
6. Receive and respond to calls for assistance from drivers
7. Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pick-up operations.
8. Follow all safety rules for equipment, material handling and transport as required by DOT, OSHA and Victory safety program.
9. Communicate effectively with operations staff about customer concerns and inventory issues.
10. Coordinate last minute or unscheduled deliveries to meet customer needs.
Additional Functions/ Job Duties
1. Assist in U-Haul production
2. Pull orders or conduct manual inventory checks
3. Restock or clean warehouse
4. Other duties as assigned
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Two or more years of transportation industry dispatch required with knowledge of DOT policies and practices
3. One or more year(s) experience as a truck driver preferred
4. General fluency in English required, verbal and written
5. Basic computer literacy required; knowledge of Microsoft Windows preferred
Victory Packaging - 14 months ago
Family-owned Victory Packaging manufactures and distributes corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, shrink film, tape, equipment, and other packaging...