SUMMARY DESCRIPTION : The Pharmacist is responsible for the continuation of pharmacy management’s goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. The pharmacist provides routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the centers. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas, and deadlines.
• Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy. Assist in ensuring that the pharmacy is in compliance with all DEA policies and procedures as set forth by the company or the regulatory agency, whichever is stricter. Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all third party payor contract rules and regulations by which the pharmacy is bound.
• Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
• Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
• Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
• Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled on-call rotation and as required by management.
• Workflow grid is cleared daily
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Shift: Monday through Friday 10:30a-7pm rotating weekends and holidays
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
o Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
o Current license to practice pharmacy in WI and in good standing
o Knowledgeable about long term care regulations (OBRA, OSHA, state laws and other federal laws) that have an impact upon both pharmacy and Center operations preferred
o Proficient in the area of clinical interpretation: drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-food interactions and allergies
o Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
o Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
o Perform accurately and efficiently when dispensing prescription medications
o Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...