Under the direction of a Dissertation Support Center Supervisor, Dissertation Advising Support Representatives support the mission of Capella University’s Dissertation Support Center. This position is primarily on the phone, and is responsible for knowledge and workflow management of Capella University policies and procedures within the Dissertation Support Center, triaging of escalated cases, and email and phone support though inbound and outbound calls.
include but are not limited to
- Knowledge and Workflow Management
: Coordinate the workflow within the Dissertation Support Center in accordance with standard Service Level Agreements to assist the learner. Create learner case assignments and appointments for Advisors and Specialists when necessary. Responsible for accessing, managing, and updating information in CRM, other systems, and practice documents as necessary.
- Triage of Escalated Learner Situations and Cases
- : Assist learners via phone and email with setting up appointments to meet with Dissertation Success Program Managers, Advisors, and Specialists. Set expectations with learners and mentors regarding reasonable response times. Provide a forum for learners and mentors to file initial grievances in order to take steps toward remediation. Engage in crisis resolution and exercise discretion when determining when to refer learners to supervisors or Customer Care staff.
Phone and Email Support
: Responsible for receiving inbound calls from doctoral learners in order to answer common questions around the dissertation phase. Will connect learners with Doctoral Advisors, Specialists, and/or the appropriate department as necessary. Will be part of the Dissertation Support Center phone queue structure.
- Other duties
: Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- A BA or BS degree is required. Or, three years post- baccalaureate experience in social work, counseling, advising, or other learner support areas may be substituted for the degree.
- A minimum of three years of academic experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Dissertation processes and practices preferred.
- High orientation towards creating a positive customer experience, while collaborating with internal positions with the department to ensure the needs of the Learner are met.
- Ability to manage multiple learner cases and maintain Standard Service Levels.
- Excellent communication, investigation and listening skills.
- Able to become a subject matter expert on school/program and academic policy information and transmit that information to internal and external customers.
- Provide excellent brand experience and have a professional phone demeanor. Always keep the learner best interest at the forefront
- Solid computer / MS Office / e-mail experience; experience with customer-tracking software applications and data entry preferred.
- Desire strength in: organizational skills; communication and interpersonal skills; analytical and decision making abilities; and self-motivation.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...