First Wind is expanding the Distributed Asset Control Center (DACC) Operations team with control rooms located in the Boston and Temecula California. The DACC monitors wind farms on a 24x7x365 basis and is the first to respond to events. The DACC Operator will monitor activity, performance and operations of wind turbines at wind farms using cutting edge technology. The DACC Operator will be responsible for monitoring wind turbine status, substation status, and other key operational elements for uptime and problem resolution. The DACC Operator will be responsible for coordinating event response and repair activities between various utilities, field operation staff, and vendors. The DACC Operator will also be responsible for complying with all regulatory requirements governing required response time in incident management.
- Monitor activity, performance and operations of wind turbines in the DACC.
- Coordinate and implement actions to maximize production from the wind turbines.
- Coordinate power system switching operations and serve as the primary communications interface with site operating staff, utilities, and Independent System Operators.
- Respond to events and escalate to the on-call technicians as necessary.
- Create and maintain procedures for normal and emergency operations for turbine and substation components.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to respond to events/alarms.
- Assist with the forecasting and scheduling of power.
- Monitor and analyze information to minimize turbine down time.
- An Associates degree in Electrical Technology or equivalent.
- A Bachelors degree in Power Plant Engineering Technology or equivalent. (preferred)
- Experience in power systems or generator operation is desired.
- Control room experience is desired.
- Experience with wind turbines and control systems operation is a plus.
- Ability to become NERC certified to Transmission Operator Level within 9 months.
- Ability to perform reliably and in a systematic manner under time sensitive/high pressure situations; ability to make critical decisions and communicate efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to utilize multiple and diverse indications to systematically monitor and trend component status.
- Ability to efficiently plan and coordinate tasks between multiple groups
- Ability to effectively work on a team.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Analytical/logical reasoning ability.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Schedule is a 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 3 off rotation with fixed days and nights.
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...