As the Distribution Account Manager reporting to the Director of Channel Sales, North America, you will have responsibility for relationship management, strategic direction and meeting revenue objectives through key major US and Canadian Distributors. You will be responsible for selling memory and storage products under the Crucial, Micron and Lexar brands. You will also be responsible for driving growth within these existing accounts, while identifying and closing new customer opportunities through these distributors. Product category focus includes Solid State Drives (SSD), DRAM modules, memory cards and USB drives.
Additional responsibilities include driving sales strategy and marketing programs through these key distributors. The role requires cross departmental coordination of internal resources to support customer needs and solve customer issues. The role also requires the ability to develop broad and deep customer relationships at the procurement/sourcing, marketing and account sales team levels.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Strong relationships and a record of successfully supporting distributors with focus on selling technology products (storage product experience highly desired) into B2B channels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise applications and proven ability to market enterprise storage solutions into those applications.
- Existing relationships with enterprise-class customers and track record of effectively cultivating new ones.
- A passion for emerging technology and ability to quickly and independently become the subject matter expert in a product or market area.
- Experience in product positioning, competitive assessment, pricing, financial analysis, forecasting and inventory management. .
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to condense technical concepts into marketable, customer consumable benefits.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word.
- An outgoing, energetic personality.
- The willingness to travel when necessary (approximately 50%).
BA or BS
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...