Distribution Associate 1
Distribution Associate 1 - 2nd shift (Monday - Friday, 4pm - 9pm)
Entry level distribution role. Individual may work in any of the basic distribution roles.
- Sort labels; Apply Shipping label in appropriate location on empty carton; Place cartons on conveyor or cart and enter them into the picking system.
- Obtain and apply shipping label; Inspect complete order for quality; Rearrange contents of carton as necessary; Apply appropriate amount of dunnage into carton: Prepare necessary documentation for shipment, i.e., packing list
- Run box erector; Load box erector with raw materials.
- Travel to appropriate pick location; Obtain appropriate item and quantity from pick location; Place appropriate safety or quality peripherals on item as needed; Place item(s) into carton; Remove and dispose of empty cartons from pick location; Stock “HOT Replenishments” as needed.
- Confirm replenishment label matches carton and location marker matches item; Carry or transport replenishment cartons to appropriate location; Scan replenishment label and location marker; Cut open and remove contents of replenishment carton, Rearrange location as needed; Place individual items into proper location.
- Understand and demonstrate United Stationers Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements.
- Perform required tasks of function in accordance with applicable Stand Operating Procedures, rules or established processes.
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established quality guidelines and expectations.
- Run required equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Utilize appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function.
- Obtain tools and materials required to perform the role.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and assist with housekeeping.
- Assist and/or help out in other Distribution Associate 1 functions as required.
- Must be able to understand simple directions in English. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Basic Math
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Warehouse/Distribution-related experience preferred.
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...