Distribution Associate 2
Distribution Associate 2 - 2nd Shift (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm, Monday through Friday)
Advanced skill distribution role. Individual may work in any of a variety of distribution roles. Some may include, but are not limited to: Mark Out Clerk, Shipping, Bulk Stock, Bulk Order Fill, Bulk Replenishment Pick, Receiving, Returns or Repair/Repack.
- Works in a team-oriented environment.
- Performs tasks in accordance with standard practices, procedures or methods.
- Receives incoming shipments of merchandise in accordance with Company standard receiving practices.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated areas using hand truck and power devices.
- Verifies receipts against delivery manifest and/or purchase order. Must be familiar with use of receiving forms and maintenance of records.
- Will be responsible for learning and operating computer terminals in an automatic receiving system environment.
- Will be responsible for becoming certified to operate power equipment.
- Stocks merchandise in proper locations according to standard Company practice. May require operation of various types of manual and powered hand trucks to move merchandise.
- Fills customer orders. Works from computer-generated picking documents to select merchandise ordered.
- Packs a variety of products in standard containers according to prescribed practices.
- Assembles orders for pickup or for loading on delivery truck.
- Process customer returns.
- Understand and demonstrate United Stationers Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all required tasks in the functions within the scope of Distribution Associate 2.
- Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements.
- Run required equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Utilize appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, etc.
- Obtain tools and materials required to perform the role.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work area.
- Must be able to understand simple directions in English. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Basic Math
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Warehouse/Distribution-related experience preferred.
- Experience in forklift operation required. Certification in forklift operation preferred.
United Stationers - 12 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...