Supervises activities of regular associates and temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and man-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Interprets company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence. Enforces safety regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods, performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes. Prepares associates performance evaluations and assists in the administration of reviews. Determines time and production standards and maintains records. Must have a “can-do”, “make-it-happen” attitude. This is demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service to our store. Responsibility for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relation’s environment which remains issue free.
- Trains, assesses, motivates, coaches, and evaluates associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with other Area Supervisors, DC Merchandise Managers, and Human Resources
- Ensures rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established-Engineered methods and standards.
- Responsible for quality of work for all associates; regulars and temporaries. Enforces policies and safety regulations.
- Prepares associate evaluations and administers reviews with the assistance of the DC Merchandise Manager
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals
- Provides updates to DC Merchandise Manager on production planning information and Needs/problems of the area.
- Conducts disciplinary meetings regarding job performance with associates, in compliance with the company policies and procedures. .
- Performs job applicant interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Participates in the separation process when direct reports are terminated.
- Works on special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Maintains daily paperwork, such as time and production records.
- Assists merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing problems and troubleshooting orders.
- Develops and monitors statistics pertinent to department productivity and service standards.
- Facilitates associate training/meetings for subject such as safety, human resources, new process orientation, and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organization skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Familiarity with the following technical equipment: radio frequency/bar code scanners, and Rapid Pak System.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs. on occasion.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a production or merchandising function.
Please note this position will need to be able to work either second or third shift.
Ross Stores - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an...