Responsible for managing assigned function area, which includes daily productivity/output by monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); staff specific functions within assigned function area based on daily distribution center volume and KPI information. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of inventory/merchandise movement by monitoring SIMS/AS-400 system applications.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Supervise a group of Team Members in a designated department in the Distribution Center. Monitors team member’s productivity and quality.
- Trains team members in their assignments. Facilitates team member professional development by conducting on-the-job training, performance appraisals, and needs assessments. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Conducts MBWA (Management by Walking Around) to ensure team member safety, address team member concerns, communicate essential information, and to enforce distribution center policy guidelines.
- Builds and cultivates team member morale, motivation, and loyalty by encouraging participation in distribution center activities and special events.
- Develops, reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement within their function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within their area’s responsibility.
- Measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above required levels. Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPI’s under their responsibility.
- Manages department: budget, hours worked and assignments of work. Daily manages staffing needs for designated department: vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Utilizes and updates system computer applications for proper operation and reports.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, directs, coordinates, and controls the activities, plans, and programs of the immediate staff, enforces company policies & procedures. Implements Safety Programs.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years experience in a lead position (in a distribution or production environment), assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.) OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in the Walgreens DC Function Manager in Rotation program.
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), and Microsoft PowerPoint (creating a new presentation from a design template, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, adding speaker notes, and viewing presentations).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel 2003 or later (for example: formatting text and borders of cells, working with workbooks and worksheets, using range names, referencing cells, sorting, and auto filtering).
At least 1 year experience analyzing operational reports.
Willing to work rotating shifts.
Experience coaching, mentoring and training others.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree
Experience working with SPC tracking, AS400, SortView, or ISS.
At least 2 years experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its first store...