Distribution Center Maintenance Manager - Windsor, CT (Job Number: 011548) |
Responsible for developing and implementing Preventive, Predictive, and Reliability Centered Maintenance Programs, risk-based inspection philosophies, and maintenance work processes to improve facility equipment reliability. Develops maintenance programs and work schedules to maximize equipment reliability and minimize equipment “downtime.” Including, but not limited to reliability, root cause and gap analysis and use of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies. Responsible for managing the maintenance and repair of all material handling equipment and machinery, buildings, and power distribution equipment in the Distribution Center. Responsible for managing facilities, security systems, janitorial, and grounds maintenance areas of the Distribution Center. Responsible for directing and overseeing the activities of all Maintenance Function Managers, technicians, and janitorial employees.
- Oversees the Maintenance and repair function of all Distribution Center (DC) material handling equipment, machinery, electrical and power systems, control systems, and building systems to assure uninterrupted service.
- Develops maintenance programs including (Preventive, Predictive, and Reliability Centered Maintenance Programs, risk-based inspection philosophies, and maintenance work processes to improve facility equipment reliability) and work schedules to maximize equipment reliability and minimize equipment “downtime.”
- Fiscal responsibilities include: capital budget needs for equipment replacement and technology improvements; maintenance services from outside sources, obtains competitive bids, and makes recommendations for contracts; assures that all activities operate within designated budget, plans; recommends, and directs department's annual payroll and expense budget.
- Directs the maintenance team management, on-the-floor troubleshooting, developing proactive maintenance objectives, and project engineering support. Directs Maintenance teams pertaining to the various material handling systems and equipment systems.
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Facilitates technical training for Maintenance Department personnel on technical competency maintenance skills, including but not limited to troubleshooting techniques, PLC logic, HVAC systems, and complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Develops and manages maintenance Statistical Process Controls (SPC) related to equipment reliability, spare parts control, and operational availability.
- Manages and assures the Distribution Center adheres to governmental regulations and laws and is in compliance with fire, safety, and insurance inspections. Participates on Safety Management Action Team (SMAT).
- Reviews and updates Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) pertinent to the Maintenance Department and Facilitates a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major equipment failures.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of automated integrated systems experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Experience with process improvement, use of statistical tools and methodologies
- Experience with maximizing equipment reliability and minimizing equipment “downtime”
- Experience with mechanical, electrical circuitry, HVAC, plumbing, power conveyor maintenance
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with Programmable Logic Control
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, directing people as they work, coach, mentor and train staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or 6 Sigma principles
Walgreens - 15 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...