Clopay Building Products is North America’s largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Distribution Center Manager at our Harrisburg, PA location.
This sales-related position will manage all operational activities and associated costs of the assigned Distribution Center, while maintaining a focus on both increasing revenues and providing superior customer service.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
* In conjunction with the Sales team, achieve sales and profit objectives by developing and executing consultative sales strategies for existing accounts, while promoting brand awareness and value selling to new business opportunities.
* Promote a sales-oriented environment in the location by communicating sales goals, strategies, and measurements, in addition to providing consistent training on sales methodology and customer service.
SUPPLY CHAIN AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
* Hire, train, and evaluate employees to work productively with a high sense of professionalism, urgency, and orientation towards positive customer service.
* Manage expenses, and operating ratios to perform at or better than prior year and budget levels, as well as monitor product inventory, reconcile all physical inventory adjustments and minimize slow moving inventory.
* Administer order entry control and pricing policies consistent with company guidelines.
* Manage logistics of shipping and delivery using company trucks and cost efficient common carriers.
* Administer credit policy consistent with company guidelines and assist in collection of receivables in conjunction with sales and credit departments.
This position directly supervises the entire Distribution Center staff, through various levels of supervisors and support personnel. In addition, this position insures employees are operating in accordance with company safety policies and maintains a safe working environment.
The successful candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline, such as Marketing, Business, or Supply Chain is preferred, or at least 5 years of experience in warehousing/distribution.
* At least 5 years of building products sales or distribution experience, along with the skills to be a self-starting and self-motivated distribution professional.
* The understanding that work is performed in a warehouse environment and the ability to frequently bend, stretch and lift up to 25 pounds.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Experience with Oracle is a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, sick and vacation time as well as a matching 401(k) savings plan.
Please visit our website at www.clopay.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
Just like Aldous Huxley and Jim Morrison, Clopay knows something about doors. Subsidiary Clopay Building Products makes residential and...