Provide motivational leadership and facilitate change. Guide the coaching and development of any direct report, supervisor, or lead staff. Support, advise, and facilitate resolution of associate concerns and issues. Manage budgetary accounting including, but not limited to, monitoring expenses and the development of cost control procedures. Manage service metrics ensuring goods are processed timely with high quality.
- Monitor staff levels to ensure flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center to meet deadlines.
- Control flow of merchandise through DC to maximize throughput and productivity.
- Coordinate the daily processing of departments under his/her direct report.
- Assist in budget development of the departments under his/her direct report.
- Manage communication with traffic, planning and distribution, merchandising and production.
- Monitor budget and payroll information of departments.
- Handle associate relations such as, but not limited to coaching, counseling and training direct reports by partnering with the Distribution Center Director and/or Human Resources.
- Identify, coach, train and promote associate/supervisors with managerial potential.
- Evaluate and discuss each direct reports job performance using objectives set at mid-year and review.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to direct reports.
- Keep open lines of communication for all associates.
- Contribute cost saving ideas on a continuous basis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by Director.
- A four-year College Degree in management, business administration or related study, or five years of related field experience.
- Must have 3 to 5 years prior management experience preferably in a distribution center.
- Knowledge of Distribution operations (material handling equipment) and merchandise flow.
- Prior experience with the implementation of a new WMS preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong coaching and administrative skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize work based on delivery schedule.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access), and SAP or some other payroll/HR system.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
J. Crew Group, Inc. - 23 months ago
J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South Street...