Receiving and shipping counter responsibilities, including interaction with Supervisors, Checkers, carrier drivers and distribution center lift truck operators. Data entry and clerical accuracy reviews of receiving and shipping source documents. Maintaining the filing systems for the receiving and shipping documents. Monitor changes to shipping & receiving documents and communicate changes to the appropriate CSR. Maintain accurate account of all pertinent shipping information within BPCS and provide clean shipping documents. Works with the Supervisors and Managers to ensure an efficient utilization of the DC's truck receiving and shipping doors.
1. Maintain the carrier driver sign in logs and control the issuance of Bills of Lading to the assigned carrier driver.
2.Update the daily work schedule worksheet for issued and completed receiving and shipping activities.
3. Maintain the Dock Audit activity data base, providing periodic activity reports to the Supervisors and Managers.
4. Perform the data entry of all receiving and shipping documents, including reviews of documentation to ensure that all required signatures are present, and that the documentation is sufficient.
5. Upon receiving orders that requires adjustments, make the appropriate contact with the CSR. If CSR does not respond make the appropriate changes on the order and inform the CSR of all revisions.
6. Investigate shipping and receiving discrepancies. Notify Inventory Control and applicable plant of the discrepancy
7. Perform daily filing of shipping and receiving documents, and coordinate the periodic rotation of files from active to permanent storage to ensure corporate records retention standards are met.
8. With the approval of the Shift Supervisor, makes door assignments to ensure an efficient use of doors for receiving and shipping activity.
9. Handles other duties as assigned by either the Controller or the DC Manager.
Big Heart Pet Brands - 2 years ago