The Distribution Design Specialist is primarily responsible for technical design, estimating and system improvements regarding construction on utility distribution lines and/or mains. Key responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of Supervising Engineers/Supervisors Distribution Design, represent the Company as a single point of contact with customers, builders, developers, regarding service requests.
- Provide engineering services on customer requests and projects generated internally, such as reliability, planning, replacement, etc.
- Engineer and design facilities needed to provide adequate electric and gas service to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
- Create all construction designs in accordance with Company standards and policies. Maintain a thorough understanding of the Company's Standard and Qualifications and customer billing policies.
- Obtain all required customer approvals, easements, and rights-of-way to prepare and execute service contracts, permits, releases, plats, and records.
- Assist in the evaluation of new business projects to determine expected revenue, project costs, and customer contributions.
- Make field inspections and prepare material and labor estimates and all plats and drawings for proposed construction, rehabilitation, relocation, or maintenance of company-owned facilities. Process and complete jobs using various Company computer systems.
- Maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with the Company's customers, architects, consulting engineers and internal customers. The primary focus should be related to customer satisfaction.
Education: Associates Degree in a technical field, preferably in computer-aided drafting or engineering technology, (or ability to obtain one by July 1, 2013) required. Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university (or ability to obtain one by July 1, 2013) preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent and extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience: Three or more years relevant experience (e.g., computer aided drafting, analyzing and interpreting construction drawings, selecting and specifying material and equipment for electric and gas construction and maintenance projects) preferred with degree; three years relevant experience required without degree. Design or construction experience on utility distribution lines and/or mains preferred. Experience working with contractors, customer representatives, construction personnel, and customers preferred.
Other: Working knowledge of electric and gas standards, procedures and distribution systems preferred.
Salary: . Date posted: 02/26/2013
- Salary/job title dependent upon selected candidate's credentials.
AmerenEnergy Fuels & Services provides fuel and energy-related products and services for Ameren and its affiliated operating companies....