ROLE: Distribution Lead (Equipment and Bikes)
ORGANIZATION: Salt Lake City Distribution Center
REPORTING TO: Warehouse Manager
SUMMARY: As a leader on the distribution team, you will have the opportunity to motivate fellow team members to provide industry leading distribution services to our customers. You will be hands-on in on-time order fulfillment and ensure absolute order accuracy and exceptional care in handling of our products. You will be involved in creating, implementing, and managing processes and procedures, as well as the supervision and development of team members.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Lead and motivate team members and facilitate completion of department functions as a team.
- Follow established order priorities in selecting product for orders
- Check for and report product or packaging damage.
- Complete order transactions and deliver completed orders to checking station.
- Anticipate location short-falls and coordinate pro-actively with the Inventory team to replenish locations.
- Process shipping tasks to ensure all orders are delivered on time to the correct destination, by the correct carrier and service, with all appropriate documentation.
- Assign work tasks to team members, monitor progress, make course corrections when needed, and coordinate performance management.
- Clean and maintain facilities to assure an impressive distribution center for our customers and guests.
- Perform all duties safely and encourage safe performance of coworkers. Report any unsafe conditions immediately.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basic mathematics skills, including accurate part-number identification and matching abilities.
- 2+ years warehouse experience. Experience in order selection, packing, and general warehouse procedures.
- Proven experience managing direct reports, including handling discipline and performance evaluations while maintaining employee confidentiality.
- Knowledge of UPS and FedEx manifest systems for domestic and international shipments, and LTL and TL bills of lading and procedures.
- Familiarity with RF scanning devices.
- Ability to lift and move 70 pounds repeatedly throughout the work day.
- Ability to maintain a high level of physical activity during the work day.
- Ability to earn forklift certification.
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed, to include long hours at month-end.
- Must be honest, self-motivated, and eager to contribute to our team in all areas.
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...