Distribution Logistics Analyst
This position provides data analysis and quality reporting for the Parts Distribution & Logistics Division.
Data is extracted using SAS programs and data tables.
Incumbent will be responsible for reviewing process results to ensure PD&LD inventory accuracy levels are maintained and improved. Incumbent will be responsible for performing and coordinating historic inventory recovery review processes including writing SAS programs, developing reports and tools to make the process efficient. This position requires detailed involvement with inventory databases, creating and maintaining SAS reports for monthly reporting, training personnel at different levels including management, salaried, and hourly on processes associated with inventory record accuracy and their importance in overall supply chain management.
This position interacts heavily with global process partners.
- Minimum 4 yr. college degree (Logistics, Accounting, Business Management or Manufacturing Engineering) and significant experience in these disciplines
- Previous supervisory skills
- Previous 6 Sigma project lead, sponsor or black belt
- Demonstrated team leader of management employees
- Broad working knowledge of the parts distribution network and supply chain management
- Demonstrated analytical and interpersonal skills with strong customer focus
- Demonstrated extensive mainframe SAS or PC SAS programming skills with the ability to manage large data set and provide detailed analysis
- Manufacturing, inventory management or RAM experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a variety of personnel
- Project management experience and ability to use related PC project management tools
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apr 1, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Illinois-Morton-MORTON18-Morton IL C Office
Management / Professional
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...