This is a new position created to insure the right finished inventory is in the right place at the right time. This person will lead a team of distribution planners who are the focal point of product availability. This person will direct the dispersion of worldwide finished goods. Key measures of success are service levels, inventory turns, excess and obsolete scrap, and backlog management.
• Lead a team of 3 Distribution planners to optimize worldwide finished goods inventory levels, achieve target service levels and reduce distribution costs
• Interface with Customer Service, Sales and Global planning to ensure timely order promising and fulfillment
• Continuously improve and refine replenishment strategies to achieve corporate objectives
• Create scalable processes and tools to support Illumina’s growth trajectory, including expansion into new regions and customer bases
• Develop Distribution Center capacity forecasts
• Participate in the strategic plan for distribution
• Establish, track, analyze, drive improvement and report on key KPIs for performance and customer satisfaction
• Provide product availability updates
• Develop talent, set goals, and train team
• BS degree or equivalent work experience in supply chain is preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
• 5 to 7 years of specific experience with broad understanding of supply chain systems with 2 years or more supervisor experience
Technical Experience and other requirements:
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP system. JDE Experience is preferred
• Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to use judgment to analyze facts, report findings and recommend corrective actions
• Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment with ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to establish effective partnerships cross-regionally and cross-functionally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...