High school diploma or equivalent is required
Experience is preferred
The Distribution Specialist provides comprehensive inventory support including linens, medical and housekeeping supplies, and patient equipment to all assigned areas. Sorts, distributes and prepares mail. Orders patient-specific rental equipment and enters patient charges.
1. *Conducts inventory, obtains and delivers linen, medical forms and housekeeping supplies to patient floors.
2. *Monitors stock rotation, organization, and expiration dates of floor inventory to insure standardization and compliance with Federal and State regulatory agencies.
3. Adjusts inventory supply levels to meet customers’ needs and coordinates/communicates changes with supervisory personnel.
4. *Restocks various medical trays, caddies, totes and carts to support clinical functions in patient areas.
5. *Maintains standardization of supplies, documentation of inventory, removes outdates, conducts equipment testing and stocks crash carts to ensure availability of supplies and equipment to clinical staff.
6. *Communicates with all departments via telephone to fill requests and answer supply and distribution questions.
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalency required. Previous inventory experience preferred. Valid State of Nebraska driver’s license to travel between facility sites may be required if off-site pickups/deliveries are a necessary/routine part of the work assignment. Verification and maintenance of responsible driving record per facility standards required.
BryanLGH Medical Center - 24 months ago