The Distribution Supervisor directs and manages the day-to-day operations on the off shifts of a fast-paced distribution warehouse. The incumbent analyzes and implements distribution strategies to support customer expectations including on time delivery, quality, productivity and various other metrics specific to appropriate functional areas. The selected candidate develops and implements process improvement projects, practices Lean & Six Sigma principles to achieve established goals and objectives. The selected candidate manages and controls incoming inventory products and ensures finished goods inventory integrity.
The Supervisor; Distribution is responsible for:
• Supporting the Distribution Team through collaboration to distribute quality products to meet customer expectations.
• Fostering a culture of accountability, engagement, quality, and customer satisfaction in a Lean environment.
• Leading the off shift teams in the distribution center.
• Coordinating of all distribution activities with other Supervisors to ensure assignments and daily objectives are met on or ahead of schedule.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable agencies including FAA, IMDG, IATA, and DOT.
• Collaborating with internal business partners to complete cross functional business projects.
• Evaluating e shift workloads and delegating assignments to ensure daily operational requirements are met.
• Tracking productivity and other established facility goals. Must have ability to develop additional metrics as needed to improve and manage distribution processes.
• Promoting and adhering to all safety requirements of the distribution center.
• Fostering a culture that utilizes Lean principles & methods to increase productivity & eliminate waste.
• Identifying distribution issues or problems and develop and implementing corrective actions to
Address root causes
• Providing performance feedback and development opportunities to direct reports.
• Traveling to other Beckman Coulter facilities, and/or attending outside training as needed.
The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor degree in business or related field with 5+ years experience in a logistics and distribution environment or a High School Diploma with 8+ years experience in a logistics and distribution environment. Candidates should possess prior experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14385, CAPA process, Oracle, WMS, Microsoft Office applications, and Lean / Six Sigma. Working hours for the position rotate each week working Sunday –Thursday one week and
Monday – Friday the next. Hours are from 5pm to 2:30am but manager is flexible based on business needs.
If you are interested please apply at:
Click on the world and choose United States
To the left on the next page click Company and then Careers
On the following page click on Careers and then Global Job Opportunities
The search job number:
- 18 months ago - save job
Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing instrument...