BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This position provides direct supervision for distribution (shipping and receiving operations), and special packaging operations for hourly personnel in a union setting, as well as the direction of various temporary personnel for the effective operation of the distribution and special packaging function on 2nd shift.
• Provide necessary direct supervision of union hourly personnel and temporary employees.
• Responsibility for managing the special packaging, labeling functions to ensure volume and variable costs are within guidelines set by the OOP.
• Directs training and development of competent hourly and temporary employees to achieve desired quality, safety and production goals.
• Obtain variable production costs, (VDC and FPC) that meet or exceeds plan.
• Provide direction and leadership to maintain and centralize labeling, packaging, and distribution functions so as to operate at approved levels set in AOP.
• Responsible to ensure that volume efficiencies and fixed and variable cost containments stay within guidelines set by AOP.
• Ensure that a reliable and accurate inventory of finished product is maintained.
• Assist in directing capital improvement and maintenance programs.
• Introduce method changes and adjust staffing to improve variable costs and efficiencies.
• Monitor warehouse sanitation and take correct action when necessary.
• Participate in the development and implementation of capital budget projects as assigned to ensure effective and efficient installations that will achieve desired operational results.
• Ensure compliance with all approved and applicable safety rules in the employee's area of responsibility.
• Promote positive employee relations, while ensuring compliance with all regulatory obligations and corporate guidelines regarding personnel management. Work with Human Resources to ensure that consistency and fairness is maintained.
• Support and facilitate in the implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Education: 4-Year Degree in Logistics, Business Management
Years of Experience: 2+ years
Special Requirements: Extensive functional knowledge of distribution, special packaging or labeling.
Possess strong organizational skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTE.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
No sponsorship is available for this position. No agency solicitations. No third party recruiters.
Big Heart Pet Brands
- 2 years ago - save job