Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Grocery shipping dock, ensuring that warehouse policies and procedures are followed resulting in accurate and quality grocery loads.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate with fellow supervisors and Warehouse Manager on daily operational activities.
Manage and promote safety and sanitation in all areas.
- Plan production/staffing need on a daily, weekly, period basis.
- Work hand in hand with all other areas to maximize productivity and performance.
- Monitor and meet all order accuracy requirements/expectations.
- Conduct meetings with hourly associates
- Oversee the HR records for all associates.
- Help develop and train hourly associates.
- Generate distribution/service center productivity reports regarding labor standards, and accounts for all labor hours, adhering to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and divisional goals
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; completes performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships -
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Two or more years of leadership experience
- Highly motivated, energetic and capable to address issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to report and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Micro Soft computer software (MS Word and Excel, especially)
- Must be able to be flexible in work schedule both in workdays and shift.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 2-5 years supervisory experience
- High School or greater educational
- Potential Career Path from this position
- Warehouse Manager
Kroger - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard